Horses Adaptive Riding and Therapy doesn’t receive any government funding. We rely solely on the generosity of people who understand the power of horses to change lives. Approximately 90% of each donation goes directly to program services. The other 10% is spent on Administrative costs such as utilities and office expenses which are essential to operating any organization.
Your donation may be designated to a specific area of service that you are interested in, such as:
• Sponsor a therapy horse – Our expenses for each therapy horse averages $1,200 per year. This covers feed, veterinary care and hoof care. Each therapy horse serves up to 10 clients per week, so your donation here is well spent. You can pick the horse you’d like to sponsor in full or do a partial sponsorship.
• General operating fund – Purchasing pens and paper, office equipment, paying our property rent, utilities and staff are necessary operating expenses that we must pay in order to continue our service. Your donation will be spent wisely and will and will help us to serve even more clients reducing our waiting list.
• Client scholarships – Horses Adaptive Riding and Therapy uses an income based sliding scale to provide both hippotherapy and adaptive riding sessions. Clients pay between $5 and $35 for a session while the actual cost of providing a session is $50-$115. You can direct your donation into our Josie Magill Memorial Scholarship Fund and help support the low-income families that participate in our equine assisted therapies.
• Give a gift certificate – Do you want to give a gift to a specific Horses Adaptive Riding and Therapy client? You can provide as many sessions as you want. Just ‘contact us’ and we will happily discuss the details. (gift certificates or donations for a specific person are not tax deductible according to the IRS)
Horses Adaptive Riding and Therapy is a 501c3 and all donations are tax-deductible in accordance with the law.
You will receive a statement acknowledging your donation for your tax records.
(In the unlikely event that your preferred horse or project is fully funded, your gift will be applied to a similar project or therapy horse in need.)