Adaptive Riding and Hippotherapy have proven to be successful strategies with positive outcomes for people who have physical, behavioral, social, cognitive, or developmental needs.
Adaptive Riding is a service that utilizes the multidimensional movement of a horse combined with the horse’s power and majesty. The sessions are facilitated by our experienced staff and volunteers with the ultimate goal of achieving functional outcomes. Improvements can be seen in a wide range of physical, emotional and behavioral conditions.
Occupational Therapy/Hippotherapy is a treatment strategy used by a physical therapy, occupational therapy, or speech/language pathology professional. Therapists use evidence-based practice and clinical reasoning in the purposeful manipulation of equine movement to engage the sensorimotor and neuromotor systems to create functional change in a patient. Used with other neuromotor and sensorimotor techniques, hippotherapy is part of a patient’s integrated plan of care that is used to meet specific functional goals.
Personal Development is an equine assisted emotional and behavioral support program.
Recreational Riding is a service that provides opportunities for fitness and fun. Riders can enjoy a number of physical and neurological benefits due to the rhythmic, repetitive motion of the horse’s gait. In addition, participation can increase trunk strength and balance.
One of Horses Adaptive Riding and Therapy’s goals is to ease the challenges our families face by providing a broad base of services centered around our therapy horses.
At Horses Adaptive Riding and Therapy
- We encourage children and adults to discover their innate talents and abilities which will help them to live productive, independent lives.
- We operate an organization grounded in nonprofit excellence, fiscal responsibility, and best practices, and frequently refine our objectives in a manner that best serves people with disabilities and our community.
- We provide opportunities to overcome limitations and boundaries.
- We provide trained and passionate staff and volunteers who are committed to offering professional instruction in a safe, comfortable, and supportive atmosphere while creating a caring community and a fun experience for all participants.
- We engage the resources of volunteers, businesses, professionals, and the community.